Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

(originally made 11/2005)

I used fat free and light stuff in this and it was still very rich! Normally I use a whole stick of butter, sour cream and milk, but Tim said these were even better than last year! I didn't tell him he was eating "diet" mashed potatoes :) I'm going to make them again at Christmas, using the crockpot makes it easy to make them ahead!


* Exported from MasterCook *

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese -- softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
1/2 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- softened (I used the butter)
1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix (didn't have this, left it out)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
6 cups warm mashed potatoes (prepared without
milk or butter)

In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, butter, salad dressing
mix and parsley; stir in potatoes. Transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and
cook on low for 2-4 hours.

Source:
"Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (November/December 2000)"

No comments:

Post a Comment