Saturday, October 12, 2013

Southwest Hot Dogs

(originally made 2/28/08)

Janie just posted these this morning, and I couldn't wait til lunch, I was so excited to give them a try!     Since it was just myself having them, I only used 1T each of the salsa and sauce.   Soo good!     Definitely a nice change from the old standard of ketchup and mustard.    Would be great with sliced hotdogs and then rolled up in a tortilla also!  Thank you Janie, will definitely be making these again.



Southwest Hot Dogs

8 hot dogs  ( I use 97% FF Hebrew National)
8 hot dog buns  (I use store brand light rolls)
1/2 cup chunky salsa  (I used store brand Medium heat) 
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (I used Jack Daniel's Original)
1 small onion, chopped (didn't have, I reconstituted some Penzey's dried minced onion) 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (just used a sprinkle)

Cook or grill the dogs as directed on the package. Combine the salsa and barbecue sauce, heat till warmed through. 

Place the dog in a bun top with some of the sauce and sprinkle with the chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese ~~   

*  Baked beans on the side for a great meal~   Janie

Source: Janie, TOH
 http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/633719/5316381.aspx#5316381

No comments:

Post a Comment