Sweet Hot Marinated Cucumbers- great summer side dish or snack!

(originally made 7/26/2007)
 
Good morning. My uncle's garden has gone into overdrive, and he's started distributing cukes to everyone he sees :) I came home with 6 last night. I had been flipping through veggie recipes in anticipation of a farm stand trip this weekend, found this one. Not sure of the source, I photocopied it from a cookbook I got at the library.
 


Sweet Hot Marinated Cucumbers

2 small cucumbers
1T sugar
2T red wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
1/8t salt
Dash of dried crushed red pepper
Peel cucumbers if desired (I didn't). Slice into 1/8" slices. Place sugar and remaining ingredients into small bowl (I used a canning jar), stir well. Add cucumber slices. Cover and chill up to 1 hour. The longer they are chilled, the hotter the flavor.
Yield 4 servings
Calories 24, Fat .1g, Protein .6g, Carbohydrate 5.6g, fiber .8g, sodium 75mg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins