got leftover mashed potatoes? Make Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes

Thanksgiving was full of great food here.   As always, the last thing I have for leftovers were some mashed potatoes.   I make them with butter, milk, sour cream, chives, salt and pepper.    I was on my own and thought that I'd make myself some potato pancakes for brunch today.

I saw these on the Just A Taste blog and I scaled them down to make about 4 potato pancakes.   One fell apart in the pan, I should have added a bit more flour to it, it was the last one I scooped.   No scallions on hand, so I added more chives along with my sour cream at the end.

Cheesy, crunchy outside, soft and delicious inside.   Thank you to Kelly for an amazing recipe!



                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes



  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
1  cup  chilled leftover mashed potatoes, (made with butter, milk, sour cream and chives)
    1/4           cup  shredded cheddar cheese
   1                     egg -- lightly beaten, added a little at a time to mixture, maybe used half.
   1        Tablespoon  plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
                        Vegetable oil for frying
Salt and pepper
                        Sour cream and chives as garnish.

I stored my potatoes in a freezer bag, so added the egg, cheese and flour to it and squeezed to combine.    Scooped with medium cookie scoop and then flattened to a patty.   Dredge in reserved flour.   

Heat oil (about 2T) over medium heat in large skillet.   Fry the cakes about 4 mins, until golden brown and crispy.   Lay on paper towel lined plate and season as desired with salt and pepper.

Serve with sour cream, sprinkle of chives. 

Source: Just a Taste http://www.justataste.com/2013/11/cheesy-leftover-mashed-potato-pancakes-recipe/





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins