Saturday, January 18, 2014

Banana Cinnamon Chip Bread

From time to time, my guys ask me to buy bananas.  They never seem to get eaten, they brown and soften, and I end up baking with them.    This morning I threw together a double batch of this Banana Cinnamon Chip Bread, and it is outstanding.     Slices are rapidly disappearing, and I'm starting to wonder if I'm being played when they ask me to buy bananas.   I can see them conspiring- "if we don't eat them, Mom will bake something delicious with them!"    Ok, maybe not  :)

I have noted that I got this recipe via Foodgawker from the Harried Housewife, but the link no longer works and a search of the site doesn't yield any results. 



  
               
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        BANANA CINNAMON CHIP BREAD

  1 1/2           cups  flour
     1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
     1/4      teaspoon  cinnamon
     1/4      teaspoon  salt
  2                     eggs
  2                     ripe medium bananas -- mashed
     3/4           cup  sugar
     1/2           cup  butter -- (1 stick) melted
     1/2      teaspoon  vanilla
     1/2           cup  cinnamon chips (used Hershey's)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of an 8×4-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, bananas, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in cinnamon chips. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Makes 1 medium loaf.

Source:
  "http://www.wktvblogs.com/harriedhousewife/?p=362"





No comments:

Post a Comment