Saturday, July 26, 2014

Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Melts

Because Tim was indulging in some ribs for lunch, I got to choose a recipe from my stack that I wanted to try for myself.     I took some liberties with this one  based on what I had on hand and the rush I was in to eat lunch after being out most of the morning.

I used some Cheddar Parmesan cheese bread from a local bakery for the base, toasted lightly.  I had Perdue Honey Roasted Chicken chunks.   I put them into a bowl and shredded them as best as I could.       I didn't measure the ricotta or the jalapenos, just eyeballed it.   Went a little too heavy on the ricotta, I was afraid of it drying out in the oven.    Added both to the bowl, stirred it around and then put it in the microwave for about 35 seconds (our fridge is really cold and I wanted to make sure that everything was heated through in the end).    I scooped it onto the bread and then added a slice of Sargento Thin sliced Cheddar on each piece.

This was so good and so easy.   I always have leftover chicken breast and get tired of doing the same thing with it, and this is a great way to use it up.     Thank you Em @ The Pig and Quill for the recipe, be sure to go check out her wonderful picture, mine is not a good representation of the dish at all. The sun kept going in and out and I wanted to eat and not play with the camera!


                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Jalapeno Cheddar Chicken Melts


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
 Perdue Honey Roasted already cooked chicken
     1/4           cup  chopped jarred jalapenos (eyeballed amount)
     1/2           cup  ricotta cheese (eyeballed amount, a bit too much)
4 slices Sargento Thin Sliced Cheddar)
2            slices Cheddar Parmesan bread from local bakery

Toast bread.  Combine chicken, jalapenos and ricotta.    Warm through in microwave, about 35 seconds.   Top toasted bread with chicken mixture.   Top with sliced cheese.    Pop under the broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling.    Enjoy!


Source:
  "http://thepigandquill.com/2013/06/01/jalapeno-cheddar-chicken-melts/"

2 comments:

  1. Hello there! Thanks so much for giving the recipe a shot - glad to you liked it! And your picture looks melty and delicious! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by! I'm happy to have found your blog, my to-try pile continues to get larger and larger :)

    ReplyDelete