Spur of the moment decision- Corn dogs

I don't fry very often, but the other night I had a craving for corn dogs.    All day long, I tried to talk myself into these, but incredibly hot temperatures made turning on the oven not so desirable.     Since I hadn't planned on frying, I just googled a few recipes, and came up with this one.   

For myself, I used Hebrew National 97% fat free dogs, and Oscar Mayer Beef Franks for the guys.   I followed the recipe as given except I cut back on the chili powder to about 3/4 of a teaspoon.    It all came together quickly, and Jake loved them.    I found them to be a bit gritty and they puffed up to a huge size.    I also did a few jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese, and those turned out gigantic as well.   3 teaspoons (which is a tablespoon) of baking powder seems like a lot...   I'm not sure I'd ever make this particular recipe again, but if I did, I'd definitely play with the ratio of cornmeal and cut back that baking powder amount.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins