Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet

Been feeling like fall here in New England the last week or so.    It's making us all start to crave comfort foods.    I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and I thought it would make a great meal for us.   I used chicken tenderloins, about 1 3/4lbs.    I upped some of the ingredient amounts for the sauce because I was going to serve it with pasta and wanted plenty to coat it and the chicken too.     I used a 6.5oz container of Aloutte cheese, it was all I could get my hands on.   I wish I could keep fresh herbs and things in the house, but I never have them on hand when I need them.    I used dried tarragon and shallots (I reconstituted them slightly by soaking them in chicken broth/lemon juice).  

This was so fast to come together, and both guys had seconds, which is a rarity here.    On a 1 to 10 scale, they both gave it a 9.5, and asked that it be made again.    Huge thanks to  Kristen at Iowa Girl Eats for this new family favorite!   This is my second hit from her blog, and believe me, I'm going looking for more  :)


                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet

  1 3/4 lb  chicken breast tenderloins
                        extra virgin olive oil
                        kosher salt & fresh cracked black pepper
  1              large  shallot -- minced (used Penzey's dried)
  6.5                 oz  spreadable herb cheese- used Alouette
     3/4           cup  chicken broth
  2         Tablespoons  fresh lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
 1        Tablespoon  dried tarragon  (or basil, parsley, or chives)- divided
1/2 box angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions

Combine lemon juice, chicken broth and dried shallots.   Set aside.

Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.    Brown chicken in olive oil in a medium high skillet.    Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and remove from skillet.  

Reduce heat to medium, add lemon juice mixture.   Stir for about a minute and then add herb cheese and half the tarragon.     Stir to combine well.    Add pasta and chicken and toss to coat.  Serve, topping with remaining tarragon. 


Source:
  "http://iowagirleats.com/2013/05/20/creamy-chicken-and-herb-skillet/"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins