The verdict? These are a little fussy, but if you've got everything ready to go, it goes quickly. Jake helped with the layering of the spinach and basil and the rolling. In the end, he ate 2 and he liked them. Woo hoo!
Grilled Zucchini Rolls
- 3 zucchini (about 1/2 pound each) -- sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces reduced-fat soft goat's cheese -- used 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley leaves -- used dried
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini and brush the rest of the slices with the oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a preheated grill or grill pan for about 4 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- In a small bowl combine the goat cheese, parsley leaves and lemon juice, mashing with a fork.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture about 1/2-inch from the end of a zucchini slice.
- Top with a few spinach leaves and 1 small, or half of a large basil leaf.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
Vegetables, Side dishes, Grilled
Created using The Recipes Generator