Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Cheesy Crispy Potato Skins

Confession time-  I've never baked a potato from start to finish in the oven.    Either I fail to plan ahead, or I'm too impatient, or in the case of yesterday, it's just too darn hot.    Summer weather has returned to NH, and the AC was working overtime.    The thought of cooking outside with the sun and the humidity didn't appeal to me either.  I pulled some chicken tenderloin strips from the freezer because they'd cook quickly.     I looked through my potato side dishes, and this one cooked for the same amount of time and temperature as the chicken dish I was making.

I had smallish potatoes, so I used 6.   I microwaved them until they were cooked through and then scooped out the insides as directed.    I subbed dried chives for the green onions and dried parsley.    I filled the potatoes and put them on a foil lined sheet.   In addition to the cheese inside, I sprinkled some over the top before putting them into the oven to bake.

I thought these were a nice spin on the potato skin, my husband thought they needed bacon (he thinks everything needs bacon).    I served them with some more sour cream.     Thanks to Katerina at Diethood for this fantastic recipe!




                      
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Cheesy Crispy Potato Skins


  6 small russet potatoes
                        salt and fresh ground pepper -- to taste
     1/3           cup  sour cream (used light)
 1T dried chives
  3        tablespoons  fresh parsley (used dried)
     1/4           cup  shredded fiesta blend cheese, plus more for topping
     1/4           cup  shredded parmesan cheese
     1/3           cup  shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  2               cups  caesar croutons -- crushed, divided


Heat oven to 375.  Scrub potatoes well and pierce all over with a fork.   Microwave on high heat until the potatoes are cooked through.   Cool slightly, then cut potatoes in half.    Scoop the insides into a bowl, leaving about 1/4" inside the shell.     Mash together with the sour cream, chives, parsley, salt, pepper, cheeses and 1 cup of the croutons.    Fill shells with mixture, then sprinkle with some reserved crouton crumbs and cheese.

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. 


Source:
  "http://diethood.com/2014/01/15/garlicky-cheesy-crispy-potato-skins/"



No comments:

Post a Comment