Cheesy Garlic Crescents

I needed a side dish to go with pasta and had a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls kicking around the fridge.    I knew that I wanted to stuff them with cheese, and have seen lots of recipes around using a cheese stick.   I didn't have any on hand, so I used shredded mozzarella (part skim).    For the topping, I combined Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle and melted butter.      They came together quickly, baked up quickly and were delicious.    I did have some cheese oozing issues, so next time I may give the cheese sticks a try.   






Cheesy Garlic Crescents

Cooking spray
1 tube refrigerated Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
Shredded mozzarella or string cheese 
1 to 1 1/2t Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle*
3T melted butter

Preheat oven to 375ยบ.   Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.   

Unroll the crescents and separate into triangles.   Place a string cheese stick or a large pinch of shredded mozzarella on each triangle and roll from the wide end.     Place on prepared sheet.

Stir together Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle and melted butter and brush over the top of the rolls.    Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.    



*Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle is a combination of romano cheese, garlic, green peppercorns, basil, salt and Parsley

I find it to be a little salty, so I go light and add more to taste.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins