Thursday, January 29, 2015

Bacon Cheddar Panini with Sweet Mustard

Quesadillas were on the menu tonight, but when I rummaged through the drawer pulling out ingredients I realized I had a half a package of bacon that needed to be used up.    I'd pinned this grilled cheese just the other day, and decided to make that dinner.

I am still totally in love with my Cuisinart Griddler.    I cooked the bacon on it, then assembled the sandwiches and pressed them on it.     I don't like mayo, so I substituted sour cream.   

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get the sandwiches plated before the sun went down and had to depend on the lovely energy efficient bulbs for my lighting.   Thanks so much Fashion Edible, go check out the pics on her site!


                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

             Bacon Cheddar Panini with Sweet Mustard

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  4             slices  bacon
     1/4             c  mozzarella -- shredded
     3/4             c  cheddar -- shredded
 4 slices hearty bread
                        Butter
1               tsp  dijon mustard
1 1/2T  Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
1T sour cream 



Preheat panini press.   Cook bacon until crispy, let rest on paper towels. 

Combine mustard, bbq sauce and sour cream in a small bowl.   Spread on bread slices.   Top 2 pieces of bread with mozzarella, 2 slices bacon, then the cheddar.    Place lid on sandwiches, and spread a thin layer of butter on top.   Place on panini press, buttered side down, and then quickly butter the tops.   Close the press and let cook until the cheeses are melted and it is golden brown.   Let cool slightly before slicing.

Makes 2 Sandwiches

Source:
  "http://www.fashionedible.com/2014/12/bacon-cheddar-grilled-cheese-with-sweet.html"

No comments:

Post a Comment