Maple Pepper Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Sandwich and Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes

I wanted a simple side dish to have alongside a BLT.   I had a bag of honeygold potatoes that I bought without a purpose, so I set about finding one on my Pinterest boards.     This recipe from Rock Recipes was perfect.

For the BLT, I sprinkled some locally made Maple Pepper onto center cut bacon and cooked it to crispy in my Cuisinart Griddler.    Serve on toasted Texas Toast bread, with lettuce and on the vine tomatoes, thinkly sliced.







Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes

1/2 bag honeygold potatoes (about 8)
1/8c olive oil
1/4 t kosher salt
1/4 t cracked black pepper
1/2t each rosemary, thyme and oregano
Zest from one lemon, juice from one half

Heat your oven to 375, with the baking dish you'll be using inside to heat up.

I started the potatoes off in the microwave,  piercing them all over with a fork.   I cooked them for about 7 minutes, then let them cool slightly before quartering them.    I tossed them with the lemon juice and let them sit while I combined the salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, oregano, lemon zest and olive oil.  

Toss the potatoes with the oil mixture, coating evenly.     Pour into your preheated pan.    Shake the pan after about 10 mins to make sure they aren't sticking.   Continue to roast them for about 40 minutes more, turning every 20 mins so that all sides get golden brown. 

Adapted from  http://www.rockrecipes.com/lemon-herb-roasted-potatoes/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins