Jalapeno Popper Quesadilla

Felt like treating myself a little bit today.  I'm all alone for lunch and usually I'll just grab some leftovers or a quick sandwich.   I had some nice jalapenos from the farm, and this recipe seemed like the perfect way to use them.  

Just small changes to this one- I used Mexican blend shredded cheese and real bacon bits.  I scaled it down to just one serving.  Next time,  I'll make them on my Cuisinart Griddler for more even browning and crispiness.   Thank you so much to Rebecca N for sharing her recipe!



                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Jalapeno Popper Quesadillas

2                    flour tortillas- burrito size
2oz cream cheese -- room temperature
  1T        Real bacon bits
1 jalapeno pepper -- seeded and finely chopped (used a mix of green and red)
 1/2               cup  shredded mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 400°.  Place tortilla on greased baking sheet. . Spread with cream cheese; sprinkle with bacon, jalapeno and cheese. Top with remaining tortilla.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.

Source  "http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/jalapeno-popper-quesadillas"


Linked to The Weekend Potluck #190
and Taste of Home's Cook's Corner Ingredient Challenge- Pantry Clean Out

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins