Skip to main content

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

I missed out on last week's Cook's Corner challenge because I was down with a cold, but I'd bought my pumpkin and didn't want to miss this week's too!   Found a little time today to throw together this easy muffin recipe.   Zero changes to this one, except to sprinkle the tops with raw sugar before baking.  

I couldn't even wait for them to cool completely to try the first one.    The kid is going to love them, the husband is stubborn and probably won't even try them.    Next time I'll double the batch and make half as mini muffins, they'd be great lunch box additions.

Thank you to Jennifer J for sharing your recipe!



                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2               cups  all-purpose flour
  2 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
  1           teaspoon  ground ginger
  1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
     3/4      teaspoon  salt
     1/4      teaspoon  baking soda
  1 dash  ground allspice
  1              large  egg
     3/4           cup  packed brown sugar
     3/4           cup  canned pumpkin
     2/3           cup  milk
  3        tablespoons  butter -- melted
  1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
     1/2           cup  miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Raw sugar for sprinkling on top. 

Heat the oven to 375º

In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.   Sprinkle the tops with raw sugar. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.

Source:
  "http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-pumpkin-muffins"


Comments

Carlee said…
yum! I just love pumpkin baked goods with chocolate chips in them. Thanks so much for sharing at Throwback Thursday!
Frugal Hausfrau said…
A perfect combination and I second Carlee! Thanks for bringing your post to Throwback Thursday This week!

Mollie
Jolene said…
Thank you for hosting and for stopping by!
Jolene said…
The chocolate chips were a sure way to get my son to try them :) Thank you for stopping by!

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Strawberry Pizzelles

Pizzelles are one of my favorite childhood cookies and I'm constantly looking for ways to put a new spin on them.  Since one of my favorite summer fruits is strawberries, I swapped out the vanilla in the original recipe with strawberry extract.  This post is sponsored in conjunction with #SummerDessertWeek !  I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of my recipes. All opinions are my own. I also added some red food coloring to give it a pink hue, but you can skip that if you like.  I use a cookie scoop to portion out the batter, it keeps all the pizzelles the same size, plus it's quicker than using two spoons.   They're delicious as is but you can take them over the top by fashioning them into a cylinder which we like to call fauxnoli.  You can pipe them full of whipped cream or buttercream.  If you want to prepare everything in advance, store the pizzelle in an airtight container, and the filling in a pastry or zip top bag in the f