Saturday, January 16, 2016

Lemon Rice

This week's Cook's Corner Challenge ingredient is- Rice!!  I really have come a long way when it comes to rice.   There was a time that I couldn't make it from scratch at all.   I conquered long grain rice by making an arancini recipe.   Some of the others still elude me, and I'm a big fan of the 90 second microwave rice pouches.    :)  

For this, I used Carolina long grain white rice.     I made zero changes to the recipe.    Rice can be touch and go with Jake, but this, he ate two helpings.  So did Tim.  It went so quickly, I didn't have time to take pictures.    Definitely going into the regular menu rotation, and I'm also going to try it with orange juice/zest and the Taste of Home Great Flavors Orange Pineapple Pepper
                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                                Lemon Rice


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1                cup  water
  1                cup  chicken broth
  2        tablespoons  lemon juice
  2          teaspoons  butter or margarine-- I used butter
  1                cup  uncooked long grain rice- Used Carolina brand
     1/4      teaspoon  dried basil
     1/8  to 1/4 teaspoon  grated lemon peel- didn't measure, used zest from one large lemon
     1/4      teaspoon  lemon-pepper seasoning

In a medium saucepan, bring water, broth, lemon juice and butter to a boil. Stir in the rice, basil and lemon peel. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon pepper.

Source:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-rice

No comments:

Post a Comment