I need a 12 step program for cake mixes! Currently I have far too many taking up real estate in my cabinet and freezer. Technically, the Pantry Challenge ended yesterday, but today was a snow day and I had time to bake. I split the recipe down the middle, making half with a strawberry cake mix and half with a Devil's Food Cake mix.
I halved the filling recipe also, filling half with that, and half with some canned chocolate frosting. My cake mixes were 15.25 oz and I got 1 dozen total sandwiches of each flavor. The chocolate/chocolate combo were the first to go, and my personal favorite. :) They'd be super cute for Valentine's day with a Red Velvet Cake mix.
Quick Sandwich Cookies
- 2 packages devil's food cake mix (used 1 15.25oz Strawberry and 1 15.25oz Devil's Food)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package cream cheese -- (8 ounces) softened
- 1/4 cup butter -- softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mixes, oil and eggs until well blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread or pipe filling on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in the refrigerator.
cake mix, cookies
Created using The Recipes Generator