Saturday, March 12, 2016

Ravioli Lasagna

It's been a crazy few months around here, and I've spent a lot of my (limited) free time looking for recipes that come together quickly and you can get multiple meals out of.   I had some ravioli in my fridge that had been there a while.  I'd managed to buy spaghetti sauce 3 weeks in a row, so my pantry was overflowing with it.   Perfect time for a Pantry challenge

I made this recipe a little more work for myself by boiling the ravioli first.   My son is on a red sauce strike at the moment, so I knew that I'd need already cooked ravioli for his meal.    I swapped the ground beef for ground sweet Italian sausage.    To the jarred sauce, I added a pinch of brown sugar and 2T of Italian seasoning.   I reduced the baking time to 20 minutes, and served it with Texas Toast.

This would be a great recipe to double and freeze one for later.   I didn't get photos.  The ones on the site show the ravioli mostly exposed, and I personally made sure mine was all covered to avoid any crunchy edges.      Thank you to Patricia S for sharing the recipe!

                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Ravioli Lasagna


  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  25oz            package  frozen 5 cheese ravioli
  1              pound  ground sweet Italian sausage
 28oz  spaghetti sauce --  I used Ragu Traditional
pinch brown sugar
2t Italian Seasoning
1 1/2           cups  shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (eyeballed, didn't measure)

Preheat oven to 400.  Boil ravioli according to package directions.   Over medium heat, brown ground sausage in a skillet until there's no pink.   Drain.    Combine sauce with brown sugar and Italian seasoning.

Layer about 1/3rd of the sauce, half of the ravioli, half of the sausage and 1/2c cheese into your baking dish (I used my favorite square enamel pan).    Repeat the layer, and then top with any remaining sauce and cheese.

Bake covered for 20 minutes.


Source:  "http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ravioli-lasagna"

No comments:

Post a Comment