Twist on an old favorite- Key Lime Cupcakes

One of my favorite things growing up was my Gram O's Lemon Cupcakes.   It was the first recipe I posted when I started up this blog.   Now there are so many new cake mix flavors and pie fillings, the possibilities are endless.    I have a embarrassingly large collection.    For this particular version, I used Key Lime Cake mix and canned Key Lime Pie Filling.   Super easy and they disappeared quickly. 



Key Lime Cupcakes

1 package Key Lime cake mix -- plus ingredients to make cake
1 can Key Lime pie filling- you can make from scratch or use boxed.
powdered sugar -- for dusting

Prepare cake mix according to directions.  Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.   Fill 12 lined muffin cups.  Bake according to package time. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.   Using knife held at a 45 degree angle, cut cone shape out of top of each cupcake (like making a lid on a jack o lantern).  Trim the point off the cone shape.  Spoon pie filling into each hole, replace lid. Dust with powdered sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins