Friday, July 1, 2016

Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches

I am a fan of spicy foods, but my guys aren't.  I love recipes that I can make that still give me my heat fix, but that they can eat also.    I used thin sliced chicken breast, panko instead of regular breadcrumbs and sriracha.  I held back the salt until after the chicken had been pan fried.  The guys enjoyed theirs with just cheese, and I had mine without.   Watch the butter mixture, it can burn quickly.   Thanks to Tracy B for sharing the recipe!




                     
* Exported from MasterCook *

                    Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches



  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  2                     boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
     1/4      teaspoon  salt
     1/8      teaspoon  garlic powder
     1/8      teaspoon  pepper
     1/4           cup  seasoned bread crumbs (used panko)
  2        tablespoons  all-purpose flour
  1         tablespoon  vegetable oil
  2             slices  mozzarella cheese
  3        tablespoons  butter
  1           teaspoon  cornstarch
     1/4      teaspoon  hot pepper sauce -- (1/4 to 1/2)
  2                     sandwich buns -- split
                        Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing

Sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and flour. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.

Place cheese over chicken; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; whisk in cornstarch and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Serve on buns with blue cheese or ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.

Source:
  "http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/breaded-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches"

Shared at the Weekend Potluck #229

2 comments:

  1. I shared this on my Facebook page for Family Around the Table. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's made it into the regular rotation here, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete