Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches

While tidying up some of my kitchen equipment, I ran across my Pampered Chef Ice Cream Sandwich maker.    Since it was National Ice Cream day, I thought I'd whip together a fast, fun treat.   I polled the guys on whether they wanted cookies or brownies, and the winner was Chocolate Chip Cookies.    This time I cheated and used bagged Betty Crocker mix, but you definitely could use your favorite from-scratch recipe.   I mixed the cookies as directed, and portioned them out with a cookie scoop.    This ensured nice, consistent rounds that fit perfectly in the ice cream sandwich maker. 

Once the cookies were cooled, I softened some vanilla ice cream in the microwave.   I layered in the first cookie, about 1/4c of ice cream and then topped it with the second cookie.  I flipped it over onto a cutting board, pressed the sandwich out and then quickly wrapped it in plastic wrap.   I popped the finished sandwiches into the freezer to reharden the ice cream for about 20 minutes.   

I wish I’d had some sprinkles to roll the cookie in before I refroze it, that would have made them even more fun.  Next time!     The possibilities are endless- different flavors of brownies, cake, cookies, plus whatever ice cream flavor you desire.      



*This is not a sponsored post, and it doesn't look like PC offers the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker any longer.   They are available on ebay as well as Amazon.com. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins