When I heard the theme for this week's Taste of Home Tuesday was chocolate, I thought too easy! Wow, was I wrong. I scrolled through so many delicious chocolate recipes, I just couldn't make up my mind. I was pulling something from the freezer for dinner when I realized that my frozen banana stockpile has gotten out of hand again. Narrowing the search to bananas and chocolate, I found these muffins.
The recipe shows a streusel topping, which I didn't make, I wanted the chocolate to be the main focus. Normally I'd sprinkle the tops of the muffins with raw sugar before baking, but this time I waited until the muffins had partially cooled and pressed in a few additional chocolate chips. A chocolate drizzle would be good too. The texture is fantastic. Next time I will make them into minis, they will make great lunch box snacks. Thanks so much to Donna B for the recipe!
Be sure to go see what other great Taste of Home recipes are being reviewed this week via the link at the bottom of the post. Thank you to Maureen at Red Cottage Chronicles for being a wonderful host!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips -- (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Muffins, Snacks, Breakfast
Created using The Recipes Generator
Jolene's Recipe Journal - Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Family Around The Table - Mini Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
Making The Most of Nap Time - Spooky Brownie Haunted House
Amy's Cooking Adventures - Ogre Eyes Hot Chocolate
Red Cottage Chronicles - Chocolate Almond Tarts