Quesadillas are a go-to food for us. Quick snack, football fare, even dinner with a side salad. When I saw this version on the Taste of Home website, I knew they'd be a big hit with my family. I went with just pepperoni because I didn't have any hard salami on hand. I used Italian seasoning instead of oregano. I added some to the sauce as well, along with some parmesan cheese. Thank you to Barbara B for sharing her recipe!
Thanks for hosting Taste of Home Tuesday, Maureen! Be sure to go and check out what she and my other fellow Volunteer Field Editor Amy made by clicking the links below. Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here.
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce (added Italian seasoning and parm cheese)
- 2 teaspoons butter -- softened
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese -- (4 ounces)
- 8 thin slices hard salami (omitted)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (used Italian seasoning)
How to cook Pizza Quesadillas
- In a small saucepan, cook spaghetti sauce over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Sprinkle unbuttered side of two tortillas with mozzarella cheese; top with salami and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano. Top with remaining tortillas, buttered side up.
- Cook on a griddle over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with warmed spaghetti sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
- Source: "http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pizza-quesadillas"
Snacks, appetizers, game day food
Created using The Recipes Generator