The first recipe I'm sharing is from Taste of Home, Snow Day Cookies. I'm not sure who is more excited to get that phone call in the morning calling for a snow day, my son or myself. :) This is the perfect "everything but the kitchen sink" cookie that will make a snowy day complete.
I was skeptical when I saw the chips and pretzels, but they give a nice salty element to balance all the sweet ingredients. I made zero changes to the recipe, but I will make one next time- double the batch. These disappeared really fast! Thanks to Brittney M from GA for sharing the recipe!
Snow Day Cookies
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons 2 % milk, I used whole
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed potato chips
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed pretzels
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and milk.
- In another bowl, whisk oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in potato chips, pretzels, chocolate chips and M&M's.
- Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until edges are golden brown (centers will be light). Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Welcome to the 12 Days of Cookies, hosted by Family Around the Table and Cooking With Carlee. We will be filling the season with all kinds of delicious cookies. Be sure to check out some of the recipes below or you can follow along on Facebook or Twitter by searching #ChristmasCookies. We also have a 12 Days of Cookies Pinterest board where you can see all of the goodness! May your holidays be sweet!
Anginetti from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Candy Cane Cookies from The Freshman Cook
Christmas Sprinkle Cookies from Family Around the Table
Chocolate Coconut Layer Bars from Making the Most of Naptime
Cookie Butter Crisps from Palatable Pastime
Crispy and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Cuppa Cookies from Cooking With Carlee
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies from Simple and Savory
Melting Snowmen from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Meyer Lemon Cookies from Caroline's Cooking
Pizelles from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Red Velvet Snowballs from The Chef Next Door
Snow Day Cookies from Jolene's Recipe Journal