We moved recently, and as I packed up my kitchen, my husband was amazed at the number of cake pans I own. He tried to get me to purge at least half of them, and I naturally resisted! This Baker's Advantage Fillables pan was one of my newer acquisitions, and I had lots of ideas of how I wanted to use it.
With Valentine's Day coming up, I gravitated towards chocolate. I had 2 chocolate fudge cake mixes and a can of milk chocolate frosting in the pantry. If you aren't a fan, you can definitely make both from scratch. I was a little worried about stickage, so I used a light coating of cooking spray on the pans. The cakes popped right out.
That left those fantastic pockets to fill. My son loves Oreos, and my husband loves cheesecake, so I combined a few recipes and ended up with a no bake filling that was easy to pipe through a pastry bag.
Very happy with the end result, and I'm looking forward to trying many more combinations. My son also wondered how it would turn out if you made 2 of the pocket layers. Twice as much filling!
There are lots of ways to your Valentine's heart- breakfast, dinner, cocktails or dessert. Be sure to check out the collection of #ValentinesDayFood recipes from some amazing bloggers at the end of this post, thank you to Family Around the Table for hosting!
Chocolate Cake with No Bake Oreo Filling
- 2 boxes chocolate cake mix ( I used Chocolate fudge)- or your favorite from scratch chocolate cake
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2t vanilla
- For No Bake Filling
- 3/4c heavy cream
- 4oz cream cheese (softened)
- Heaping 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 crushed Oreos
- 1 can Milk Chocolate frosting
- Crushed Oreos for garnish
How to cook Chocolate Cake with No Bake Oreo Filling
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Spray pans with nonstick cooking spray, and divide batter between the pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes, invert onto racks to cool completely.
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Freezing your mixing bowl and beater will help this happen faster. In another bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until there are no lumps. Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Stir in oreos. Refrigerate until needed.
- To assemble cake- place layer with pockets on your serving dish. Use a pastry bag to pipe Oreo filling into pockets. Heat icing in microwave in 30 second intervals until pourable. Pour 1/3 over layer, spreading to the edges but not flowing over.
- Add top layer. Pour remaining frosting over the top, using a spatula to spread it to flow over the sides. Sprinkle with additional crushed oreos, if desired. Slice and enjoy. Store in refrigerator.
cake, chocolate, no bake
Created using The Recipes Generator
Boozy Bailey’s Milkshakes by I Say Nomato
Chocolate Cake with No Bake Oreo Filling by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Chocolate Chip Brownies by Family Around the Table
Chocolate Espresso Cupcakes by Grumpy's Honeybunch
Pan Seared Steaks with Homemade Steak Sauce by A Palatable Pastime
Red Velvet Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting by The Chef Next Door
Sour Cherry Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Strawberry Jell-O Parfaits by Amy's Cooking Adventures
Surprise Inside Baked Chocolate Pudding by Cooking With Carlee
Sweetheart Strawberry Galette by Red Cottage Chronicles