For this pan, I used white cake mix (15.25oz) and semisweet chips. I wanted thicker bars, so I used a 9x9 pan, and they baked in about 25 minutes. We all loved them, and I'll be making them again soon (chocolate cake mix and sea salt caramel chips). Thanks to Kimberly B for sharing her recipe!
Want to see what other great recipes from Taste of Home my fellow Volunteer Field Editors are making? Check out the links below the recipe!
Can't Leave Alone Bars
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)- used 15.25 oz Pillsbury
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter -- cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Set remaining cake mixture aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave, uncovered, until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth. Pour over crust.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Cake mix, chocolate chips
Created using The Recipes Generator
Family Around The Table Mardi Gras Cupcakes
Amy's Cooking Adventures Bananas Foster Bread
Jolene's Recipe Journal Can't Leave Alone Bars
Sounds as though the name is appropriate. They wouldn't last long here either.ReplyDelete
I'm thinking Key Lime Cake mix and white chocolate chips!Delete
Those look amazing! And they appear to be aptly named!ReplyDelete
They sure were! a 13x9 pan MIGHT last a little longer, but I doubt it :)Delete
That is a great name & they sound tasty!ReplyDelete
And totally justifies me buying more cake mixes this week ;)Delete
That chocolate with caramel chips sounds delicious and I have a chocolate cake mix and some caramel chips, just might have to make that!ReplyDelete