Vanilla French Toast

French toast is one of those things that I've made so often, I don't usually look at a recipe.  I'm trying to teach my son some basic dishes, good kitchen habits and how to read a recipe, so I searched the Taste of Home site and found this one for Vanilla French Toast.   We did make one minor substitution, which was using whole milk instead of 2%, it's what we always have on hand.   We served it with some real NH maple syrup, and next time we'll probably add a bit of cinnamon to the egg mixture.    Thank you so much to Joe & Bobbi S for sharing the recipe!






*Exported from MasterCook*



Vanilla French Toast

  4              large  eggs -- lightly beaten
  1                cup  2% milk- used whole
  2        tablespoons  sugar
  2          teaspoons  vanilla extract
     1/8      teaspoon  salt
  12            slices  day-old sandwich bread
                        Maple syrup or cinnamon sugar

In a shallow bowl, whisk together first five ingredients. Preheat a greased griddle over medium heat. Dip bread in egg mixture, allowing to soak 30 seconds on each side. Cook on griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup.    Yield: 6 servings.

Source:

Comments

  1. Mmm I love a good french toast brunch and vanilla sounds like the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next he wants to try with caramel extract, I'm game for that!

      Delete
  2. French Toast is now of my favorite breakfast options! Everyone has their own take, but it always tastes great! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I don't know if I've ever made it the same way twice, but I am always full and happy when the meal is over :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing recipe! I love myself some french toats! Have got to try this soon! Thanks for every advice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never actually knew how to make French Toast. I might give it a try tomorrow for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you get the method down, it's so easy to spin it how you like. Add cinnamon, change out the extract to almond, etc. :)

      Delete
  5. One of my favorite classic dishes. I like mine with some whipped cream and bananas/strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins