Brown food and ice cream are two of my photography nightmares. This is real life, real food, and as I said, a warm day. Quick snaps before melting was all I was able to achieve.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Graham Cracker Fried Ice Cream
3 cups vanilla ice cream
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Oil -- for deep-frying
Using a 1/2-cup ice cream scoop, place six scoops of ice cream on a baking sheet. Freeze. Place heavy cream in a shallow bowl. Combine cracker crumbs and cinnamon in another shallow bowl. Dip ice cream balls in cream, then roll in crumb mixture. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining cream and set aside remaining crumb mixture. Roll ice cream balls again in cream, then coat again with crumbs. Freezer for 15 minutes. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375'. Fry ice cream balls for 10-15 seconds or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Happy #MexicanRecipes Let’s have a fiesta of Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes all week long!
- Pico de Gallo from Palatable Pastime
- Cheesy Spanish Rice from the Tip Garden
- Fried Ice Cream Bars from Cooking With Carlee
- Paloma Cocktail from Caroline's Cooking
- Graham Cracker Fried Ice Cream from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Blackberry Margaritas from Books n' Cooks
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies from Family Around the Table
Are you a food blogger interested in posting within our blogging community? Find out more by joining us online: Holiday Fun with Our Blog Friends.
Shared with the Weekend Potluck #272