Disclaimer- This is a sponsored post. I was provided with a selection of Cabot Cheese in order to create an original recipe. All opinions are my own.
Being from New England, we are huge Cabot fans. We've toured the Visitor's Center, and there's always some of their products in our fridge. It was like Christmas in June when my box of cheese arrived. I knew immediately I wanted to use the Chipotle Cheddar, but what to make?
Should I do a twist on the cheese-stuffed crescent-wrapped hot dogs? Mac n cheese? I kept bouncing back and forth between a cheeseburger and a grilled cheese, so I decided to make the best of both worlds- a patty melt.
I like to use my Cuisinart Griddler, it cooks so much faster and evenly than a skillet. I put the cheese in the freezer while I mixed the taco seasoning and the ground beef. I cooked the patties to medium, removed them and gave the surface a quick wipe down with a paper towel. I buttered the bread, and then placed 4 slices buttered side down, turning up the heat to high.
Next was the cheese. You can grate or shred it, but I used a horizontal vegetable peeler and ran it down the long edge to make planks. This made it easy to lay out on the bread. Add a patty to each, top with more cheese, and the remaining bread, buttered side up. Cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Look at that cheese! This dish is one of those that I only take a handful of pictures and hope for the best, because I want to EAT! :)
Chipotle Patty Melts
- 1lb ground beef (I like 85%)
- 2t taco seasoning- store bought or make your own
- 8oz Cabot Chipotle Cheese (sliced or shredded)*
- 1/2 stick Butter, softened
- 8 slices hearty bread, I used sourdough
- Mix taco seasoning into beef, portion into 4 patties. Cook over medium heat until the patties are still slightly pink in the middle. If using a skillet, drain fat from the pan, or wipe down surface of griddle with a paper towel.
- Butter bread, and place 4 slices buttered side down on the cooking surface. Top with 1/2 the cheese, patty, more cheese and remaining bread. Cook until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Grilled cheese, patty melt
Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator
Welcome to our week long celebration of June being #DairyMonth hosted by From Gate to Plate and Cooking With Carlee. We are putting together our best recipes using cow milk, goat milk butter, cream and cheeses. We can't wait to share them with you.
A Visit to Ol' McGrandpa's Farm by Cooking With Carlee
Chili Cheese Corn Salad by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
Chipotle Cheddar Patty Melt by Jolene's Recipe Journal
Breakfast Egg Bites by Family Around the Table
Gluten Free Rotini with Cabot Cheddar, Chorizo and Saffron by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
How to Make Labneh from Caroline's Cooking
Skillet Jalapeno Popper Dip from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Southern Style Pimento with Bacon Mac and Cheese by Tip Garden
Zucchini Tots with Jalapeno, Cheddar and Bacon by Palatable Pastime