July is National Ice Cream Month and we are kicking things off with our favorite frozen treats to beat the summer heat!
One of the first things my husband and I bought as a couple was a blender. He'd just moved to New Hampshire from Boston, and was getting acclimated to "country" life. He was amazed that people chatted with each other in the store checkout line, that neighbors waved to each other. He wondered how long it would be before he lost his accent and would be out tipping cows.
He assumed the role as bartender, and after combining the Baileys and ice cream, decided it needed a little "something". He found a partial box of Junior Mints leftover from a trip to the movies, and in they went. We both loved it, and when I asked him what he'd call it, he didn't hesitate- the Cowtipper.
For us, the amount of Baileys is perfect, but if you want it less strong, you can replace 4oz of it with whole milk. Thank you so much to Sue at Palatable Pastime for hosting the #IceCreamSocial! Be sure to go and visit all the other blogs via the links at the bottom of the post and see the amazing things they've come up with.
- 8oz Baileys (replace 4 oz with whole milk if you want it less strong)
- 3c Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3.5oz box Junior Mints
- Add Baileys to blender.
- Add one cup of ice cream, process until smooth.
- Repeat with second cup of ice cream.
- Sprinkle in Junior mints and top with last cup of ice cream.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into 2 16oz glasses and enjoy.
- Yield: 2
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Cowtipper Shake by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Easy Nutella Popsicles by All That's Jas
- Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- No Churn Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Old Fashioned Cola Float by Family Around the Table
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No Churn Ice Cream by Cooking with Carlee
- Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Sour Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Honey Sorbet by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Strawberry Peaches & Cream Popsicles with Gingersnap Crumbles by Tip Garden