If I had to choose just one berry to eat for the rest of my life, it would be blueberries. They can be used in such a variety of ways, from pancakes to BBQ sauce. We celebrate #NationalBlueberryMonth by eating them as many different ways as we can! along with stocking the freezer for all the other months of the year.
My cake mix collection is getting a bit large again, so I went searching for recipes and found dump cakes. We like cake quite a lot, so I was surprised to see a category we haven't tried. When the weather turned rainy and cool for a few days, I took advantage and printed this recipe to try.
Of course, rainy and cooler weather in July also means everyone is inside and underfoot. The cake went together almost as written, except I used 1 cup of butter instead of 3/4 cup. It turned out fine. I was distracted when putting the topping together, and I had to have measured something wrong. It was delicious, but more the consistency of a glaze. None of us minded. Not only was it great on the cake, but it was also awesome drizzled on pancakes. Thank you so much to Nancy H for sharing her recipe!
Here are some other recipes featuring blueberries you may enjoy:
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Blueberry Waffles with Blueberry Sauce
Baked Blueberry Ginger Pancake
Lemon Berry Dump Cake
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter - I used 1 cup
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)- I used 18.25 Duncan Hines
- 12oz lemon yogurt
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- additional blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toss blueberries with cinnamon; spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with half of the melted butter. Sprinkle with cake mix; drizzle with remaining butter. Bake until golden brown and fruit is bubbly, 45-55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat together yogurt, whipped topping, marshmallow creme and lemon curd. Serve dump cake with yogurt mixture and, if desired, additional blueberries.
lemon, blueberries, cake mix
Created using The Recipes Generator
Perfect recipe Jolene, easy peasy and delicious.ReplyDelete
I only wish I'd tried one sooner!Delete
So easy. So tasty looking. Thanks for sharing.ReplyDelete
That lemon topping really gives it that little extra "wow!" :)Delete
Lemon & blueberries are so wonderful together - great choice!ReplyDelete
This looks easy and delicious- love lemon & blueberry!ReplyDelete