Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes #FarmersMarketWeek

#FarmersMarketWeek is coming to a close, but I know the inspiration I've taken from all the amazing recipes that have been shared will be improving my menus in the weeks to come!

Last up for me is this beautiful Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes.  I didn't get my herb garden in this year, but I definitely will be planting basil next year.  Tomatoes at the farm are just coming in strong, and they are especially good this year.  The marinade comes together superfast using the blender, loved that!

I always overcooked grilled chicken until I started using a probe thermometer with a temperature alert.   I set it for 160ยบ, and then I can mostly sit back and relax on the patio with a refreshing beverage while the chicken does its thing.  My guys can be picky about tomatoes, so I love that half of the ones in this recipe disappear into the marinade. I've made this twice, and it disappeared quickly both times.  I plan on freezing several packages of it to make on the indoor grill this winter. Thank you to Laura L. for sharing her recipe!

I hope you've enjoyed this week's posts as much as I have, and that you get out and find your local farmer's market or farm stand and see what great items are there.  Thank you again to Christie and Cynthia for hosting #FarmersMarketWeek!





print recipe

Grilled Basil Chicken & Tomatoes
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 plum tomatoes
  • 4, 4oz each boneless skinless chicken breasts
Instructions
For marinade, place first five ingredients in a blender. Cut four tomatoes into quarters and add to blender; cover and process until blended. Halve remaining tomatoes for grilling. In a bowl, combine chicken and 2/3 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, turning occasionally. Reserve remaining marinade for serving. Place chicken on an oiled grill rack over medium heat; discard marinade remaining in bowl. Grill chicken, covered, until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 minutes per side. Grill tomatoes, covered, over medium heat until lightly browned, 2-4 minutes per side. Serve chicken and tomatoes with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-basil-chicken-and-tomatoes



#FarmersMarketWeek - A week of #FarmFresh recipes

#FarmersMarket Friday Recipes

Avocot Salad with Raspberries by Palatable Pastime
 Cashew Vegetable Fried Rice by Red Cottage Chronicles 
Fresh Peach Milkshake by Family Around The Table
 Grilled Basil Chicken & Tomatoes by Jolene's Recipe Journal
 K.C.'s Zucchini Bread by Cooking with Carlee 
Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes by The Redhead Baker
 Rustic Tomato and Ricotta Tart by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures  
Veggie Noodle Salad by Simple and Savory
 Watermelon Cucumber Mojitos by Culinary Adventures with Camilla 



Comments

  1. I love it when I read a recipe and realize that I have all of the ingredients at home to make it. Putting this on the menu this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins