I found this recipe on the Taste of Home website, in a feature called 25 Ways to Use Zucchini. I believe I saved almost all of them to my recipe box! I liked it because I had all the ingredients on hand. I omitted the nuts due to allergies.
I had regular sized semi-sweet chips on hand, and I used a heaping half cup. They would also be great with raisins, or cinnamon chips. I definitely recommend doubling the batch and freezing some, and they make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack. Thank you so much to Janet D for sharing her recipe!
Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here!
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I used 1/2c regular size)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (omitted due to allergies)
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled muffins in resealable plastic freezer bags.
- To use, thaw at room temperature or, if desired, microwave each muffin on high for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
Zucchini, chocolate chip
Muffins, Breakfast, Snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator