Where does the time go? I can't believe it's mid-October! I finally feel like I'm getting a handle on my fall schedule. The name of the game the last few months has been "easy." Freezer meals, quick-to-whip up side dishes.
These biscuits are one of our new family favorites. I omitted the crushed red pepper flakes, and used whole milk, it's what I have on hand. I used a large cookie scoop, and I got 12 nice sized biscuits. They are fantastic with soup, stew, or even split with some sliced turkey and a smidge of cranberry sauce inside.
So excited to be starting up Taste of Home Tuesday again! Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here!
Easy Cheesy Biscuits
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (omitted)
- 1 1/4cups 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes.
- Add milk; stir just until moistened. Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.