Garbanzo Stuffed Mini Peppers- Taste of Home Tuesday

I've been trying to eat a little bit healthier, and one of my biggest struggles has been game day.   Last week I talked about my Fall Special Delivery Box from Taste of Home, and I found this recipe in the included cookbook, Holidays & Celebrations.

I switched out parsley for the cilantro, I'm just not a fan.  I forgot to reserve some for garnish, and had to use dried for that.  I really liked the different textures of this, the crunchy peppers, the smooth chickpea mixture.  All the colors of the peppers make for a pretty plate too.  It's great that it can be prepared ahead, that way I can enjoy the game instead of being in the kitchen. Thank you so much to Christine H. for sharing her recipe!

Joining me this week for #TasteofHomeTuesday is Ellen from Family Around the Table.  She made Fresh Cranberry Muffins, and I'm really looking forward to giving those a try. Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor?  Check out the requirements and apply here!





print recipe

Garbanzo Stuffed Mini Peppers

1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves- I used parsley
3 Tablespoons water
3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoons salt
16 mini sweet peppers
additional cilantro, for garnish- I used dried parsley

In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor. Add chickpeas, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended. Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 32 appetizers. 
Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/garbanzo-stuffed-mini-peppers

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins