I've been trying to eat a little bit healthier, and one of my biggest struggles has been game day. Last week I talked about my Fall Special Delivery Box from Taste of Home, and I found this recipe in the included cookbook, Holidays & Celebrations.
I switched out parsley for the cilantro, I'm just not a fan. I forgot to reserve some for garnish, and had to use dried for that. I really liked the different textures of this, the crunchy peppers, the smooth chickpea mixture. All the colors of the peppers make for a pretty plate too. It's great that it can be prepared ahead, that way I can enjoy the game instead of being in the kitchen. Thank you so much to Christine H. for sharing her recipe!
Garbanzo Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves- I used parsley
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 16 mini sweet peppers
- additional cilantro, for garnish- I used dried parsley
- In a dry small skillet, toast cumin seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Transfer to a food processor.
- Add chickpeas, cilantro, water, vinegar and salt; pulse until blended.
- Spoon into pepper halves. Top with additional cilantro.
- Refrigerate until serving.