Taste of Fall Salad- Taste of Home Tuesday!

I just love fun mail days!  And there's nothing more awesome than the arrival of a Special Delivery box from Taste of Home. They're offered four times a year, and each one comes packed with fun gadgets and tasty items, plus the trusted recipes that you expect from the Taste of Home family. Want to order your own Special Delivery box? Go check it out here, and receive free shipping with  the code FREESHIP!

Right away, I curled up with some hot apple cider and spent some time with the cookbook, Holidays and Celebrations. I've marked so many recipes to try!  First up on my to-do list was the Taste of Fall Salad.   I loved the glazed pecans, and the use of pear.  I tossed in a few dried cranberries because I had them on hand.  It made for a great side dish, and adding some grilled chicken made for an amazing dinner.

On Tuesdays, I like to share what my what my fellow Volunteer Field Editors have been making.  You have to go and check out TammyCookBlogBooks review of the Giant Cinnamon Roll!  My guys are going to totally and completely flip for that one!

print recipe

Taste of Fall Salad
Ingredients
2/3 cup pecan halves

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
dash cayenne pepper
dash ground cinnamon
3 Tablespoons sugar, divided
5oz package spring mix salad greens
1/4 olive oil
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pear, medium, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

In a large heavy skillet, cook the pecans, 2 tablespoons vinegar, cayenne and cinnamon over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Place salad greens in a large bowl. Combine the oil, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar and sugar; drizzle over greens and toss to coat. Arrange the greens, pear slices and pecans on six salad plates. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings. 
Source: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/taste-of-fall-salad


Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor?  Check out the requirements and apply here!
 

Comments

  1. That salad looks delicious! Love all the fall ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'd gotten boxed into thinking of salad as a summer food. this was such a nice take on it.

      Delete
  2. Your salad looks great, I like the pear used in it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pears! It would be great with apple too, which I seem to have on hand more often.

      Delete
  3. Your fall box looks so fun and the salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to get into some of the other stuff. I have a love/hate relationship with pie crust, but this really makes me want to master it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Fried Chicken Strips

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

Grilled Potato Skins