I just love fun mail days! And there's nothing more awesome than the arrival of a Special Delivery box from Taste of Home. They're offered four times a year, and each one comes packed with fun gadgets and tasty items, plus the trusted recipes that you expect from the Taste of Home family.
Right away, I curled up with some hot apple cider and spent some time with the cookbook, Holidays and Celebrations. I've marked so many recipes to try! First up on my to-do list was the Taste of Fall Salad. I loved the glazed pecans, and the use of pear. I tossed in a few dried cranberries because I had them on hand. It made for a great side dish, and adding some grilled chicken made for an amazing dinner.
Taste of Fall Salad
- 2/3 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons sugar, divided
- 5oz package spring mix salad greens
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pear, medium, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the pecans, 2 tablespoons vinegar, cayenne and cinnamon over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl. Combine the oil, mustard, salt and remaining vinegar and sugar; drizzle over greens and toss to coat.
- Arrange the greens, pear slices and pecans on six salad plates. Sprinkle with cheese.