I've got quite a few nights where the guys are eating something that isn't covered under my plan, so I make myself an alternative. These Bruschetta Chicken Wraps are one of my favorites. The tomato spinach topping is so good, I could eat a bowl of it by itself. I use dried basil, because I never remember to buy fresh, and I use a Flat Out Multigrain Wrap instead of the tortillas. Thank you so much to Gina R. for sharing her recipe!
Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here!
Bruschetta Chicken Wraps
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 Dash garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
How to cook Bruschetta Chicken Wraps
- In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, spinach, onion, Parmesan cheese, basil, oil, vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Sprinkle chicken with salt and remaining pepper; place on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Top each chicken breast with one cheese slice; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Grill tortillas over medium heat 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Place chicken on center of each tortilla; top with about 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close.
bruschetta, chicken, easy
Created using The Recipes Generator