Brussels sprouts are a relatively new to me vegetable. I tried them roasted a few weeks ago, and really enjoyed them. I grabbed another bag last time I shopped, then went searching the Taste of Home site for recipes. This recipe caught my eye, I loved how easy it was to put together and the use of the ginger.
I used Bermuda Onion, it was what I had on hand, and my ginger was frozen, so I microplaned it. This was perfect alongside some chicken, and it's definitely going into the regular rotation. Thank you James S. For sharing your recipe!
Shredded Gingered Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (about 5 1/2c)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped, I used Bermuda
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprouts. Cut sprouts lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown lightly.
- Add oil and toss to coat. Stir in onion, ginger, garlic and salt.
- Add water; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pepper.