I was putting groceries away when I realized that my freezer and pantry were getting a bit out of control. I've got an upright freezer in the basement that I love, but it sometimes can fall into the "out of sight, out of mind" trap. I decided I needed to get organized and make an inventory and start clearing some things out. To make it a little more fun, I issued a challenge to the members of a Taste of Home fans Facebook group to do the same.
I had four packages of boneless skinless chicken breasts, so I went to my Taste of Home board on Pinterest and browsed the Poultry section. The Garlic Lover's Chicken caught my eye because I had most of the ingredients on hand. Instead of regular breadcrumbs, I used panko, and I used dried parsley. I omitted lemon because I didn't have one.
The recipe calls for 4oz chicken breasts and the ones I had were much larger than that, closer to 8oz. I baked them on convection at 400º for 35 minutes. I like to use a probe thermometer. I pulled them at 160º, let them rest while I finished up the side dishes, and they tested about 165º, which is where we like our poultry.
We absolutely loved this. Usually my guys are looking for something to dip their chicken in, but both of them ate this exactly as it was. It was great the next day, sliced up, in a wrap with some veggies too. Thanks so much to Janice S. for sharing her amazing recipe!
Garlic Lover's Chicken
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs- I used Panko
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley- I used 2t dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts- 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced- I used 2
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice- omitted
- Heat oven to 350º.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt if desired and pepper.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then shake in the crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the butter, garlic and lemon juice; drizzle over the chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Yield: 6 servings.