My only change to the recipe was to omit the nuts due to allergies in the family. I found the dough to be a little on the dry side and ended up adding a tablespoon or two of water. I used a medium cookie scoop, next time I might even go up one more size. I baked them at 350º (convection setting) for 10 minutes. The cookies didn't flatten out much, so I lightly pressed on them with a spatula after I took them out of the oven.
We loved these, they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, perfect for dunking. I think they would be amazing with chocolate pudding or cheesecake pudding too. I also think that because they're made with oats, that makes them perfectly fine to eat for breakfast, right? :) Thank you so much to Diane N. for sharing her recipe!
Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding, 3.4 oz size
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (omitted)
- Heat oven to 375º.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the oats, flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
oats, chocolate chips
Created using The Recipes Generator