Skip to main content

Chicken and Aspraragus Grilled Pizza


Welcome to #BBQWeek! Nice weather has finally arrived in New England, and it's been so great to be able to get outside and grill.  I've been making grilled pizza for a few years now, and there are so many ways that can switch it up! I buy premade dough from the local place or grocery store, but you definitely can make your own if you like.  The key is to oil the grill grates well, and to have all of your toppings ready to go.

This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BBQWeek. I received product samples from sponsors to use in creating #BBQWeek recipes. However, all opinions are mine alone.

For today's version, I had some great sponsor products to work with. I cut boneless, skinless chicken breast into strips and then dusted them with Adam's Burgers Fries & More seasoning.  I rubbed the grates down with olive oil, and then heated it to high on one side. I added the chicken and turned it down to medium.

I cooked the chicken until it was no longer pink and the juices ran clear.   While it was cooking, I tossed the beautiful Michigan Asparaus spears with a little olive oil and heated the other side of the grill to medium high.  I grilled them until they were soft and the tips were a little bit crunchy, just how I like them!  Once both were done, I cut them into bite sized pieces and set them aside.



I cranked up the heat on both sides of the grill to high, cleaned it with a grill brush, and then oiled the grates.  My dough was warmed up and very pliable. Rather than dusting my hands with flour to keep it from sticking, I used a teaspoon of olive oil.  I divided the dough into 2 parts, and stretched each into a freeform shape, carefully laying each piece down on the grill. I turned the heat down to medium, and grilled the first side, rotating it once, until it was golden brown. The time will really depend on how thin you've stretched the dough.

Once the first side is cooked, flip it over and apply your toppings.  I used Not Ketchup's Tangerine Hatch Chile as the sauce base, sprinkled it with some shredded mozzarella, then topped it with the grilled chicken and asparagus.  Close the lid and cook until the bottom crust is browned and crispy, and the cheese is melted.  Again, this will vary based on how thick your dough was and how high you've piled the toppings. Move to a cutting board, slice and enjoy!


I loved how all of the flavors worked together. Each component was great on it's own, but together, wow!  Beautiful crispy dough that was chewy on the inside, a sweet and spicy citrus sauce, along with the freshness of the asparagus and perfectly seasoned chicken.  It's one of my favorite meals to come off my grill, and I definitely will be making it again!

Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting #BBQWeek and to all the other #FestiveFoodies for sharing their recipes.  I'm so excited to see what everyone else is making.  Huge thanks also to our sponsors, Not Ketchup, Michigan Asparagus and Adams Extracts!


Chicken and Asparagus Grilled Pizza

Chicken and Asparagus Grilled Pizza

ingredients:

  • 1lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips.
  • 2 to 3t Adams Burgers Fries & More Seasoning
  • Large bunch Michigan asparagus
  • Olive oil
  • 1/4 to 1/2c Not Ketchup Tangerine Hatch Chile sauce
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 16oz pizza dough, store bought or make your own

instructions:

  1. Heat grill to high and make sure that it is very, very clean. Lightly oil grates. Season chicken with Adam's Burgers Fries & More to taste. Place it on the grill and reduce heat to medium. Cook until no longer pink and juices run clear, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
  2. While the chicken is cooking, toss the Michigan asparagus with oil, and place it on the grill. Turn and cook until the spears are soft, and the tips are a little bit crunchy. Remove chicken and asparagus when done and cut them into bite sized pieces, set aside.
  3. Heat the grill to high, and clean it to prevent the dough from sticking, and oil the grates again. Rub a drizzle of olive oil onto your hands to make the dough easier to work with. Divide the dough in half and stretch it gently into whatever shape you like. Lightly place it on the grill. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until golden brown on one side, rotating it as necessary.
  4. Flip the dough over, top with Not Ketchup Tangerine Hatch Chile sauce, cheese, chicken and aparagus. Close the lid and cook until the bottom of the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted on top. Remove to cutting board, slice and enjoy!
chicken, asparagus, pizza
Pizza, Grilled, Main Dishes
American
Created using The Recipes Generator

Welcome to #BBQWEEK! This week you’ll enjoy more than 70 recipes from more than 20 bloggers. There is also the opportunity to win one of three great prizes from our sponsors. Thank you to Michigan Asparagus for providing bloggers with freshly harvested asparagus, to Adams Extract & Spice for wonderful rubs and spices for grilling and Not Ketchup for bloggers choice of sauce.



See what the bloggers served up Monday for #BBQWeek

Asian Grilled Asparagus by Books n' Cooks  
Chicken and Asparagus Grilled Pizza by Jolene's Recipe Journal  
Chicken Souvlaki Kabobs by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures  
Double Blueberry Bison Burgers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla  
Grilled Asparagus Summer Caprese Salad by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice  
Grilled Blueberry and White Pepper Pork Chops by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids 
Easy Lighter Grilled Buffalo Chicken by Jonesin' For Taste 
Grilled Caesar Asparagus by 4 Sons 'R' Us  
Grilled Eggplant Caprese Salad by Everyday Eileen  
Grilled Fruit & Cake Kabobs by Red Cottage Chronicles  
Grilled London Broil by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks 
Grilled Pork Burgers with Hawaiian-Style Buns by Karen's Kitchen Stories 
Southwestern 7 Layered Dips by The Freshman Cook 


Comments

  1. Love everything about this grilled pizza - so healthy and delicious!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza is the one thing I refused to give up when I started eating healthier. I just had to find new ways to enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. OK, you've convinced me. I need to grill pizza. This looks amazing and I bet the Not Ketchup sauce was a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just the right base! I can't wait to try more varieties, I've got my eye on the Blueberry White Pepper next.

      Delete
  3. This looks great! I really need to try grilling pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really fun, and easy. I started out using the premade crusts like Boboli, then graduated to dough.

      Delete
  4. Grilled pizza is the best, Jolene, isn't it?!? Thanks for inspiring me to grill pizza and use Not Ketchup on it. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many ways you can use the Not Ketchup, I'm excited to try more!

      Delete
  5. What a great pizza idea for spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious, and filling, but not heavy! I can't wait to make it again.

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious. Loved grilled pizza! I just made a shaved asparagus pizza and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic grilled pizza! Love grilling pizza and you are using awesome summer flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bit of char on the crust. This would disappear in a nanosecond here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you used the BBQ sauce as a pizza sauce. I have a bottle of that in my fridge right now, begging to be made into this pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love to make pizza on the grill. Iove that you used Not Ketchup for the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so delish! I love that you used the Tangerine Hatch Chile Sauce

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a flavorful looking pizza and I love that you did it right on the grill!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this recipe so much I included it in my #Celebrate365 Grilling Bucket List: https://www.cornbeanspigskids.com/2018/06/grilling-bucket-list.html. Thanks again for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites

I'm a huge fan of the Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast sandwich, so when I started seeing ads for the new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites I stopped in and gave them a try.  They were delicious, but of course, I knew I could make them at home.  I started with the whites of six eggs. You can use pasturized whites if you don't want to do the whole separating, finding a use for the yolks thing.  I beat them up with some salt and pepper. Next up, the tomato and spinach.  I used grape tomatoes, seeded them and then chopped them into 1/4" pieces. I like baby spinach, and I took about 10 leaves and chopped those up into 1/4" pieces as well. I added that to the egg mixture.  When you pour it into the pans, be sure that it all gets evenly distributed.   They bake up pretty quickly, around 9 minutes or so.  Dunkin gives you two egg bites, the mini donut serving size is three. I pop them in ziplocs in the fridge and just pull a bag and reheat them in the microwave for a quick

Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Bites

Since I already came up with a version of Dunkin Donuts new Egg White & Veggie Omelet Bites for myself, I decided to make the other variety that they are offering, Bacon & Cheddar, for my husband. Super simple.  Beat up some eggs with salt and pepper.  Add in some shredded cheddar and a slice of bacon cut into 1/4" pieces (I used kitchen shears).  Bake them for about 9 minutes in sprayed mini donut pans. They baked up light and fluffy.  The bacon stayed crisp and there's just the perfect amount of cheese.   I split them up into portions in zip top bags and that way we can just grab a bag and warm them up. My husband laughed when I told him 3 is the serving size.  I'll definitely be doubling the recipe next time! Copycat Dunkin Donuts Bacon & Cheddar Omelette Bites Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 4 large eggs 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper 3T shredded cheddar cheese 1 slice cooked bacon, cut in 1/4" piec

Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Back in the day I used to bake from home for extra money.  This was one of the most popular items.  Cake mix sizes have changed and if you're using the 15.75 ounce ones bake them in 8" pans. If you want to use the 9" rounds, you can also use this cake mix upsizer to make up the difference between the old and new cake mix sizes.  If the layers are too thin, you'll never be able to flip and stack them without a mess. Be sure to keep track of which pan has the pineapple rings and cherries in it and which doesn't so that you can easily turn them out onto the plate in the right order.    Double Layer Pineapple Upside Down Cake Print With Image Without Image Author: Jolene's Recipe Journal Ingredients 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained 1/2 stick butter 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 8 ounce can pineapple slices 8 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice 1 package yellow cake mix (15.75 ounces) Instructions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the