Thank you so much to Ellen from Family Around the Table for hosting, and to all the other Festive Foodies for sharing their recipes!
Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches
- 4 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 4 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 slices bread, toasted (used 15 grain)
- 4 thin slices deli turkey (used roasted turkey)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices tomato (4 to 6)
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Place toast in a baking pan. Top each with 2 slices of turkey; spoon reserved white sauce over turkey. Top each with one cheese slice and 2-3 tomato slices. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with bacon.
turkey, tomatoes, cheese
Sandwich, Derby Day
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Hot Pepper Jelly by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chocolate Bourbon Balls by Simple and Savory
- Crab Salad with Lemon Dill Vinaigrette by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwiches by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Maple Bourbon Sour by Family Around the Table