The cripsy proscuitto was amazing, it was hard not to eat it all straight out of the pan. Before I would have counted frozen peas as on the lower end of my favorite vegetables list, but this recipe definitely changed that. Thank you so much to Jill A. for sharing it! Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here.
Sweet Peas Parma
- 1 package frozen peas (16 ounces)- I used steam in bag peas.
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place peas in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook prosciutto in oil and butter over medium heat until prosciutto is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomato, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in peas.
Side dishes, Vegetables
Created using The Recipes Generator