I made some small changes. I used Greek yogurt cream cheese, omitted the green onions because I forgot to buy them, and garnished with some dried parsley. You definitely can change up the veggies any way you like, those mini bell peppers would be perfect for filling too. Bermuda onion would give the filling some beautiful color. The cream cheese mixture was also amazing on crackers and bagels.
Do you have an awesome recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here.
Inside Out Veggie Dip
- 2 large cucumbers
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces) softened- I used Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion- omitted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley for garnish, optional
- Peel strips from cucumbers to create decorative edges if desired; cut into 1/2-in. slices. Finely chop two slices; set aside. With a small spoon, scoop some of the seeds from the remaining slices.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottoms of tomatoes to allow them to rest flat. Cut a thin slice from tops of tomatoes; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, red pepper, celery, onion, carrot, seasonings and chopped cucumber.
- Fill tomatoes and cucumber slices with cream cheese mixture, about 1 teaspoon in each. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
cucumbers, tomatoes, dip
Vegetables, Appetizers, Snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator