Prep goes quickly on this one, and the only thing I changed was to use pepitas instead of pine nuts. For the first stage of cooking the green beans, mine were on the larger side, so it took almost 6 minutes for them to get crisp/tender. Make sure to keep them moving or they will brown.
I loved the slight heat of the radishes and the sweet and salty flavor of the dish overall. The pepitas gave a nice crunch. This was a great side to some cheeseburgers, and with some chicken the next day. I'll definitely be making this one a lot this summer, thank you to Pam K. for sharing her recipe!
Sauteed Radishes and Green Beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound fresh green or wax beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (I used pepitas)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add beans; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add radishes; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in sugar and salt; sprinkle with nuts.
green beans, radishes
Vegetables, side dishes
Created using The Recipes Generator