I made no changes at all to the recipe except to use whole milk. This spring, I moved some family heirloom blueberry bushes from my parent's property to ours. It's been so great to just walk out in the yard and get fresh berries. My husband's blackberry bushes are going into overload, and I'm thinking a version of this with blackberries would be outstanding too.
This was great the day of, and also reheated very well. They'll be just fine even without the syrup on days that he's really in a rush, but definitely enjoy them with real maple syrup if you can. Thanks so much to Erin W. for sharing her awesome recipe!
Here are some other easy breakfast recipes you might like:
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
Copycat Dunkin Donuts Power Breakfast Sandwich
Honey Vanilla Pancakes
Baked Blueberry Ginger Pancake
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk - used whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine eggs, milk and butter. Whisk the next five ingredients; add to egg mixture. Spoon batter into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle blueberries over top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cut into squares; serve with warm maple syrup. Yield: 9 servings.
blueberry, ginger, baked pancake
Created using The Recipes Generator
Do you have an amazing recipe you'd like to submit to Taste of Home? Follow this link and learn how! Want to apply to be a Volunteer Field Editor? Check out the requirements and apply here.