Right now one of my favorite things to grab is corn. It's great done in the slow cooker, it's great done on the grill. I saw this recipe for Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine on the Taste of Home website, pinned it, and patiently waited for the signs to go up, "Our own fresh corn available!"
A few slight changes to the recipe. I couldn't find whole wheat fettuccine, so I used regular. I had fresh mozzarella on hand from another recipe, so I used that instead of the feta. I had orange bell peppers on hand, instead of red, which added even more color. I had beautiful grape tomatoes, so I quartered those instead of using full size tomatoes.
I really loved this dish! It was filling but not at all heavy. It was great the day of, and also great the next day with some sliced grilled chicken added. Angela S. knocked it out of the park with this one! I want to thank Ellen and Christie for hosting #FarmersMarketWeek, and to all of the other #FestiveFoodies for sharing their awesome recipes!
Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine (I used regular)
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used fresh mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Drain pasta and corn; transfer pasta to a large bowl. Cool corn slightly; cut corn from cob and add to pasta. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, remaining oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
pasta, tomatoes, corn
Main dishes, pasta, vegetables
Created using The Recipes Generator
Monday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Banana Nut Muffins by Family Around the Table
- Blueberry Peach Pie with Pecan Streusel by The Baking Fairy
- Easy Gazpacho Recipe by Everyday Eileen
- Fresh Corn & Tomato Fettuccine by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Deconstructed Grilled Chicken Fajitas by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Grilled Corn Salad by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Shrimp and Summer Squash Tacos by Tip Garden
- Hummus Chicken Salad by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Kale Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Kielbasa and Cheddar Mini Omelette Cups by The Freshman Cook
- Mexican Street Corn Salad by Simple and Savory
- Parmesan Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes by Cooking With Carlee
- Potato and Pea Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Ribeye Steaks with Corn Salsa by The Redhead Baker
- Roasted Tomato Salsa by Books n' Cooks
- Slow Cooker Summer Ratatouille Stew by Palatable Pastime
- Sour Cream Peach Pie by Kate's Recipe Box
- Summer Pudding by Caroline's Cooking
- Sweet & Tangy Summer Garden Cucumbers by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Watermelon Cucumber Smoothie by Cookaholic Wife
- Zucchini Quiche by Karen's Kitchen Stories