This is so fast and easy to put together! The only changes I made was to use dried chives instead of fresh, and Greek Yogurt cream cheese instead of regular. I cut the dough into 4 portions to make it a little more manageable. They grilled up beautifully, crispy on the outside but still soft on the inside.
I loved the herbed cheese mixture, and I'll be making more of that up and stashing it in the fridge! It will be perfect with celery or crackers. Thanks so much to Tina M. for this perfect summer meal! Want to see what the rest of the #FestiveFoodies are cooking up for #FarmersMarketWeek? Check out the links at the bottom of the post!
Grilled Cheese & Tomato Flatbreads
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces) softened
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley, chives, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper until blended.
- Unroll pizza crust and cut in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 12x6-in. rectangle; brush each side with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove from the grill.
- Spread grilled sides with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese; top with tomatoes. Return to the grill. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted, rotating halfway through cooking to ensure an evenly browned crust. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Yield: 2 flatbreads (12 servings each).
tomato, flatbread, grilled
Vegetables, Appetizers, Snacks, Main Dishes
Created using The Recipes Generator
Thursday #FarmersMarketWeek Recipes
- Corn and Zucchini Skillet by Kate's Recipe Box
- Eggplant Parmesan by Palatable Pastime
- Fresh Strawberry Pie without Jell-O by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Flatbreads by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Mini Peach Galettes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Tuscan Chicken Sloppy Joes by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures