How's your back to school prep going? We're still clinging on to the last few weeks of vacation here in NH. I think I'm partially in denial, but the part of me that isn't has been trying to get some easy school day breakfasts squared away. Pancakes are always a hit here, and I pinned this recipe for Yogurt Pancakes immediately after I saw it.
The only change I made to the recipe was to use Greek yogurt rather than regular yogurt for the added protein boost, and a little splash of vanilla. I did some with mini chocolate chips, some with blueberries, and some plain that we will enjoy with some strawberry butter or blueberry syrup.
I loved these because they are simple to make, a breeze to customize, store well, and reheat quickly. Thanks so much to Cheryl B. for sharing her recipe! Be sure to go and check out the other awesome #backtoschool ideas the #FestiveFoodies are sharing today by clicking the links at the bottom of the post.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups plain yogurt (16 ounces)- I used Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Semisweet chocolate chips, dried cranberries, sliced ripe bananas and coarsely chopped pecans, optional
How to cook Yogurt Pancakes
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with optional ingredients if desired. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Freeze option: Arrange cooled pancakes in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months. To use, place pancakes on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 40-50 seconds or until heated through.
pancakes, yogurt, meal prep
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Baked Banana Oatmeal Cups by The Tip Garden
- Brookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Oreo Mug Cake by Family Around the Table
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pipérade by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Quick Tarts for School Lunches by Our Good Life
- Spiced Rack of Lamb by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Yogurt Pancakes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal