I made no changes to the recipe except to omit the nuts due to allergies. Usually I crush up crisped rice cereal and use it in place of nuts, but I didn't have any on hand. I overfilled my muffin cups and got 12 full size, plus a dozen mini muffn size. I also sprinkled the tops with raw sugar, I just love that sparkle and crunch! I adjusted the baking time to 24 minutes for the full size, and baked the minis for 13 minutes.
These are great the day of, but they also freeze well. I set them on a baking sheet in the freezer until they are solid, then I wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap. I slide them all into one large ziptop bag. So easy to grab as many as I want. They can be microwaved to defrost, or you can do it on the counter. Thank you so much to Lorette B. for sharing her recipe!
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page. Thanks so much to Stacy for hosting and to all the other awesome bloggers who shared recipes today!
Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (omitted)
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to cook Zucchini Carrot Muffins
- Gently toss together carrot, zucchini, apple, coconut, almonds and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thick). Fold in carrot mixture. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 18 standard size muffins.
- Source: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/zucchini-carrot-muffins
muffins, zucchini, healthy, carrot, apple
muffins, dessert, breakfast, snacks
Created using The Recipes Generator
- Apple Nutella Chip Muffins from Palatable Pastime
- Banana Maple Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Beer and Cheese Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cheesecake Breakfast Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Mini Chocolate Banana Muffins from Passion Kneaded
- Zucchini Carrot Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal